26 Jan 2022: Try out emojis in buttons, but no more 'templates' in sandboxes
5 Jan 2022: Use buttons in threads
23 Nov 2021: Button messages
2 Nov 2021: Playbooks Launch (Beta)
20 Sept 2021: The end of Chatbase
9 Sept 2021: Data Export API
9 August 2021: Thread data export
22 June 2021: You know best!
21 June 2021: Sample content for templates
17 June 2021: Important security improvements
8 June 2021: Community Playbooks (Alpha)
18 March 2021: Improved billing transparency
17 March 2021: Share the amazing work you do
8 March 2021: Contextual replies and profile settings that suit you
22 Feb 2021: Button automation
18 Feb 2021: Updates to the fallback channel
17 Feb 2021: Contacts and labels data added to BQ
10 Feb 2021: Temporary limitations while we do a Search infrastructure upgrade
5 Feb 2021: Snappier and easier-to-use modals
3 Feb 2021: Add media to templates
27 Jan 2021: Add media or stickers to custom replies
21 Dec 2020: A last big release to celebrate the year
2 Dec 2020: Delete a template, get more insights and send stickers via the API
17 Nov 2020: Delete a user message
23 October 2020: Insights
19 October 2020: Hidden numbers by default
8 September 2020: Contact Profile
11 August 2020: Learn in Turn
3 August 2020: Add a list to your Exact match automations
30 July 2020: Manage your message template spend
15 July 2020: Data storage and rejection reasons
10 July 2020: WhatsApp profile and Login
What is chat for impact?
The WhatsApp Business API
Three key rules of engagement
A closer look at the WhatsApp Business API
Message types: Session vs. Template messages
Message template rules
Message template troubleshooting
Reasons why your template(s) gets rejected
You need opt-in to initiate messages
Human escalation path required
WhatsApp's quality rating and messaging limits
Examples of how to upgrade to the next tier
Connect with your users on chat
Great ways of marketing your chat service
Use a ‘wa.me’ link and QR code to market your service
Get user consent in a WhatsApp conversation
Use automation to collect opt-in
Manage your business presence by updating your WhatsApp profile
How to use Turn.io
How to load content
How users engage with content
Structure and plan your content
Create your first menu
How to send custom replies
How to add a button message
How to upload stickers
How to delete a message that a user sent?
How to set up basic automations
The available trigger types
The available action types
How to set up advanced automations
How to set up multiple language automation
How to set up a follow-up timer
Automation tips & tricks
Triggers explained: Message received STARTS WITH...
Triggers explained: Message received EXACTLY matches...
Triggers explained: Message received does NOT exactly match...
Triggers explained: Message received is a BUTTON PRESSED...
Triggers explained: Message received is from a specific COUNTRY...
Triggers explained: Message received is AUTOMATICALLY labelled...
Triggers explained: Message received from a specific CONTACT PROFILE......
How to send stickers in automation
How to set up a sequential content delivery experience using Automation and Custom Profile Fields
The ABC of threads
How to create a thread
Different thread card types
How to add skip logic to your thread
How to use personalisation in threads
Start a thread when a user reply with a button.
Export your thread data
Create a sequential learning experience with Threads
How to re-connect with users using message templates
Buy a pre-paid amount
Create and submit your template(s) for approval
Send message templates to users
How to add buttons to a template
How to add media to a template
Delete or copy a template
Search and Label
Collections, Assign and Roles
How to create and use collections
How to assign or share a conversation
Search for sent or received or all messages
How to add team members?
How to log in to your account
Overview of the Turn.io user interface
Design an impactful solution
Create good chat-service content
Varying interpretations of emoji
Changing behaviour is difficult. Here's some help!
Guiding and tracking
How to decide on and set up goals
How to nudge and track behaviours in conversations
Set up a data connection to BigQuery
Understand your BigQuery data and queries
How to top up your 'available amount' for templates?
Example queries for your data
Turn.io API documentation
Where do I find my credentials for the Message Template API?
How do I create message templates via the API?
Upload and send a sticker via the API
New to webhooks?
How to set up a RapidPro integration
Embedded Sign-up FAQs
Get a WhatsApp line: Step-by-step instructions, with a video
Your WABA application checklist
Display name guidelines
What is Business Verification?
Your Business Verification checklist
Help! I got an error whilst doing embedded sign-up?
Help! I'm struggling to get my business verified?
Help! I uploaded the wrong document for Business Verification?
Help! The "Start Verification" button is greyed-out?
Help! Why hasn't my display name been approved?
Help! Our display name got rejected?
Help! What happens if we're not verified within 30 days?
Help! I can see my number in Turn but it's not working?
Help! Can I have a WhatsApp number for a different country than my business registration?
Help! We are a government entity, how do we do Facebook business verification?
Help! What is a Facebook Business Manager Account?
Help! What number can I use on WhatsApp?
Help! What is a BSP?
What is an MAU (Monthly Active User)?
Can I use Turn.io in my country?
What is Turn.io?
Can I get a free trial?
What is Google-backed?
Can I format content with bold, italics etc?
My sandbox isn't working? How do I connect?
Can I attach more than one image, audio clip, video or document to a message?
My emoji trigger isn't working?
How do I extract data out of Turn.io?
What are 'goals'?
What are 'collections'?
How to work as a team
Can I use multimedia in my messages?
Why is my video not sending?
What is the difference between a member and an admin?
How do I add other contact fields?
I found a bug..
How can I buy message-template credits?
Can I use WhatsApp Groups on the API?
What does it cost to send message templates?
Can you give me examples of approved message templates?
What languages are allowed for message templates?
Why has my template(s) been rejected?
Una introducción a la WhatsApp Business API
Echar un vistazo más de cerca a la WhatsApp Business API
Tres reglas clave de participación
Tipos de mensajes: Mensajes de sesión versus plantilla
Necesita de adhesión para iniciar mensajes
Se requiere un proceso humano de escalamiento
Calificación de calidad y límites de mensajería de WhatsApp
Actualizaciones de los Términos de Servicio y la Política de Privacidad de WhatsApp
Updated by Pippa
Simple, high-performing data collection is essential to help you personalise your service. Let’s show you how to create a thread.
Now you can start collecting data! This will allow you capture information about your users and save it against their contact profile. Once data is saved against your user profile, you can create more personalised automations.
How to create a Thread:
- Step 1: Log in to your Turn.io account and navigate to the “Content” tab on the left-hand side.
- Step 2: Click on the “THREADS” tab top left. You'll only see this is your account has been activated for Threads Beta.
- Step 3: Click on the ADD THREAD button on the top right.
- Step 4: Give your Thread a TITLE and SELECT A LANGUAGE for your Thread. Click Save.
- Step 5: A TRIGGER card will open. Complete the details to specify what automation trigger will start your new thread. This works the same way as Automation Triggers it just looks a bit different. Click Save. You'll see your thread updates.
- Step 6: Next you'll need to add questions to your thread. Click on the ADD CONTENT button. Select from existing Thread content or select a content type to add a new piece of content.
- You can add the following content types:
- TEXT QUESTION: Complete the Text Question card and click ADD. You'll require a language, a title and a question. You can upload an attachment by clicking on the icons below the text field or add a label. If you want to save the user's reply to a contact field, you'll need to select the correct field from the Save to contact field dropdown.
- Don't have the all contact fields you need? You can create new contact fields in the Conversation view. Take note that only "Text" field types will be available in Threads to save information against.
- MULTIPLE CHOICE: Complete the Multiple Choice Question card and click ADD. You'll require a language, a title, a question and answer options. Threads will automatically add numbers to your answer options that the user needs to use to reply. You can upload an attachment by clicking on the icons below the text field or add a label. If you want to save the user's reply to a contact field, you'll need to select the correct field from the Save to contact field dropdown. You can also type a custom error message if a user replies with anything other than a number in the list of answer options: The default error message is: Please reply with a number (English).
- REPLY BUTTONS: Complete the button card and click ADD.You'll require a language, a title,Header (optional) - None, Text or Media. If you select Media you can upload an image etc.You’ll also require Message body, footer (optional) and Buttons.You can add up to 3 reply buttons per message. If you want to save the user's reply to a contact field, you'll need to select the correct field from the Save to contact field dropdown.
As you complete these fields you will see a preview of your message on the right. This helps you design the user experience.
- THREAD MESSAGE: Complete the Thread Message card and click ADD. You'll require a language, a title and a message. You can upload an attachment by clicking on the icons below the text field or add a label.
- Step 7: Repeat Step 6 until you've added all the questions you want to your Thread. It's best practice to end your Thread with a Thread message so the user knows they are complete.
- Step 8: Review your thread by scrolling through the PREVIEW on the right-hand side.
- Step 8: Love your new Thread? Click on the PUBLISH button on the top right. Click Unpublish anytime you want to deactivate your Thread.
Congratulations! 🎉 You’ve just created your first thread. Now let's find out how to add Skip logic.